Sunday, May 23, 2010

Other Tools

What a great resource for us to use! I am extremely overwhelmed by all the technology out there, but this really helps to simplify things. The first tool I found was What2Learn. This site has pre-made quizzes, as well as the option to create your own quizzes. It creates the quizzes in a fun, game-like format. This would be a great tool to use when reviewing for a quiz or test. I've found that students perform much better on assessements when the info. is reviewed in game format.
The second tool I found was Chart Tool. This site allows you to easily create a variety of charts and graphs. This is perfect for any math classroom, and could be used in any form of a graphing project.
The third tool I found useful was Poll Daddy (not to be confused with Go Daddy). This site can be used to create surveys and polls. Teachers could use this to collect anonymous information from students. Students could use this for collecting data for a project. Student Councils could use this to collect data from the student body. Administration could use this as a means to boost student moral. There are an infinite number of ways that this could be use.
I will definitely add "Cool Tools for Schools" to my Favorites, and post it to my website for students for use.

No comments:

Post a Comment