Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Digital Storytelling

I used Animoto to create the embedded video below. I had a lot of fun doing this. There was a bit of a learning curve, but it was worthwhile. I'm honestly having a difficult time thinking of how I could use this in my math class, without it taking a lot of time away from teaching Ohio Academic Content standards. I can definitely see how it would be beneficial in other subjects that require students to give presentations. I think it would be cool for L.A. students to create a "movie trailer" type presentation for summarizing a novel. Social Studies students could prepare a video presentation on a historical figure. The possibilities are truly endless. Students would no doubt enjoy using this for school purposes.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Kevin! I'm glad Animoto worked out for you. Did you need to pay to make the longer video?

    ReplyDelete