Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Diigo

I set up my Diigo account. I downloaded the Diigo toolbar on my computer at home. I "applied" to join the 21st century group, and am waiting to be accepted. That was six hours ago. I would have liked to have had this done today; this is a little frustrating. To be continued...

Just checked to see if I've been accepted... Nope. Still waiting. It's been 24 hours now.

I have been accepted by the group! My self-esteem has been restored. Highlighting and adding sticky notes was easy. I can definitley see how Diigo would help students who are working together on a research project. It would also be great for a teacher to see documented evidence that students are in fact doing research.

Diigo kind of reminds me of buying used books in college. Used books were not only nice because they were cheaper, they were also nice because they had been previously highlighted. Diigo can save you from having to read an entire web page if somebody before you had highlighted, and placed sticky notes already. It is a very useful too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better about yourself, Kevin. Welcome to our Diigo world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Remember, perseverance is a lowly virtue whereby mediocrity achieves an inglorious success

    ReplyDelete